Monday, March 7, 2011

Battle of the Honey Cookies Part 2

The long awaited finale to the Honey Cookie Battle is upon us!

I wasn't sure how this recipe would turn out.  I mean, the first honey cookie was pretty sweet, and I wasn't a fan of the batter.  If 1 cup of honey was too sweet for me, wouldn't I just go into a diabetic shock with an entire PINT of honey, and a freakin' POUND of powdered sugar?!  Seriously, I used this entire jar:
Thank you bees!

And this entire box of powdered sugar:
Yes, that's an entire pound
of sugary sweetness.

And I discovered that while the eggs were no match for the hand mixer (still my favorite mixer attachment) and honey...









The flour mixture with cloves, cinnamon, allspice and other dry ingredients almost caused the poor trooper to burn its motor out!
Mmm, cinnamon!


Cookie dough anyone?
There was a slight internal panic that my bowl wouldn't be large enough for all of the batter, but I just barely made it.

I must admit, this was much better batter than the first honey cookie recipe; the cooking judge was almost swayed to vote for the contender on this fact alone.

I admit, I'm a messing baker!
(Baker's lesson:  Don't attempt to take the beaters out while the mixer is still plugged in.  Pushing in the "on" button sometimes makes it actually turn on!)

And, then, the first batch came out!  Yummy!  These were much more "cookie" like than the first recipe.  Just maybe I could learn to love honey cookies.

Don't forget the nuts!

That's AFTER 48 cookies!
And then, I had to keep on baking...

Four dozen (that's 48 for you numerical people) cookies later, and I was still putting more dough on the cookie sheet.  To help speed the process along, I employed the use of my toaster over (yes, it toasts and it bakes!).
The ringer...
So hopefully, the cookies go over well.  And since I have so many cookies out of this one recipe, I get to share the wealth with my friends, and not just co-workers!

No comments:

Post a Comment