Monday, December 17, 2012

Back in the Kitchen

Holy schmoly, it's been way too long since I've posted.  Sadly, I've thought about getting back into the swing of things, but kept procrastinating.  Thanks for the kick in the butt, Mrs. S!

In the past year and a half, I have been doing a remarkable amount of cooking.  Most of it has been repeats of banana bread (busted out Grandma's recipe, which has been a huge hit with the neighbors and friends), M&M cookies, and random dinners on the grill.  Back in June, I tried a chocolate cake recipe that failed epically. Thankfully, the Halloween version was much more successful.

The holidays this year have brought on a surge of baking, from testing a dressing for Thanksgiving (thanks Bobby Flay, that was some good mushroomy awesomeness), and Thanskgiving itself, I'm on a roll.  I made a batch of banana bread the other day, and followed it up with another four loaves tonight.  In addition to the banana bread , I busted out another Grandma recipe - applesauce cake.

It's been rather therapeutic to bake while rocking out to my Manheim Steamroller Christmas music channel on Pandora. Winston even helped lick some spatulas for me.  In drought-stricken Texas, us water conscious folks call that the pre-rinse cycle.

So, minus the gaps due to the crazy work travel schedule, I'm getting back in the kitchen, and online with more of Grandma's recipes. Some past adventures I'll catch up with include my pickling adventure and the applesauce cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment